I'm seriously considering using Twitter next school year. Here are my thoughts...
Twitter could be used for the following:
1. Keep students up to date on assignments
2. Reminders for tests
3. Quick hints and tips for tests and assignments
4. Reminders for science fair deadlines
5. Students can ask questions to the whole class and others can respond
6. Parents can keep up on class events as well.
I'm sure there are more things. Does anyone have any suggestions for other ways I could use Twitter? How do you like my ideas so far? Will they work? Is Twitter the best thing to use for the objectives above or would something else be better?
I plan on requiring my students sign up for Twitter and follow a class Twitter account that I will run. Any problems with this?
Feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.